Endocrine surgery is a subspecialty of general surgery that focuses predominantly on diseases of the thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal glands.
SIU Medicine’s team of head and neck endocrine surgeons have specialty training in the diagnosis and management of thyroid and parathyroid diseases. To provide the highest level of care to our patients, SIU Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery works very closely with our SIU endocrinology, pathology and radiology partners.
Comprehensive care requires consideration and evaluation of all of the structures and functions associated with the thyroid and parathyroid glands. At SIU Medicine, we offer the full complement of diagnostic and therapeutic techniques required for the diagnosis and treatment of these disease processes, including:
• Evaluation of the voice box before and after surgery
• Diagnostic ultrasounds in the office
• Ultrasound guided biopsies in the office
• Minimally invasive surgical techniques
• Traditional surgical techniques
• Radiofrequency ablation of thyroid nodules
• Intraoperative monitoring of recurrent laryngeal nerve integrity
• Intraoperative parathyroid visualization for localization and preservation
• Radio-guided endocrine surgical procedures
• Cutting edge radiologic and nuclear medicine endocrine imaging
With a focus on continual improvement, our doctors take the time to research, study and innovate to provide the latest treatments for our patients.
Our care ranges from primary care physicians to specialists and sub-specialists who have advanced training. We're here for you when you need us.
Continually teaching the next generation of doctors, our physicians use the latest developments in procedures and technologies for our patients.